Thursday, June 25, 2015

WHAT SHOULD I EAT?

Food. We all need it. Most of us LOVE it, and some of us eat too much of it, some of us too little.

WELL, I'm here to help!
Now that it's summer, it's the perfect time to bust out your grill and cook a bunch of food at the same time! Makes it easy to meal prep for a week or even just a few days.
CHICKEN.
I have come to hate chicken. After two contest preps, I hate chicken. UNLESS it's grilled.
SO, what I do, take some FRESH chicken breasts (frozen is okay too..kinda) and toss them into a ziplock bag with some olive oil, or balsamic, or dijon mustard, and some pepper, Mrs. Dash seasonings or whatever your litle heart desires. (Frank's red hot sauce is good too!)
Let those chicken boobies marinate for at LEAST a half hour in the fridge, I like to let mine marinate over night so the chicken soaks up all the flavor. 
Toss those babies on the grill for about 10-15 minutes (no pink insides!) and BAM. Meals done for like 10000 days, right? Well kind of.
VEGGIES.
I LOOOOVE grilled sweet peppers and grilled onion. SO GOOD. You can chop some into decent size chunks, throw some olive oil and spices on them, then put them on wood skewers (soak these in water for 20-30 minutes beforehand so they don't burn) and toss them on the grill. Turn them every 5 minutes or so, for about 10-15 minutes. Once they're a little charred and soft, they're ready!

Ps. Grilled Pineapple is phenomenal and goes with chicken so well.

You can also add chicken to the skewers if you want, and cook it that way. Whatever is easiest! I made these this past Sunday and I'm good until AT LEAST tomorrow with meals to bring to work!.

My current favorite recipe is a Mediterranean Quinoa salad! It's easy to make and goes great with a lot of dishes. To me, it tastes like a pasta salad without all the pasta carbs. Here's a link to a recipe for it, I tend to add more olives and red/green/yellow/orange sweet peppers to make it more colorful. Low-fat Feta cheese is amazing and should be in every recipe, EVER.

HAPPY COOKING!

- Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment