Tuesday, April 26, 2016

InstaBored of #FitFam

I love Instagram. 

I use Instagram A LOT. A lot more than other forms of social media. Something about sharing one picture of an important memory, fun time, success, etc., to me is pretty damn cool.

HOWEVER, I've become super bored of fitness accounts on Instagram.

All they post is pictures of their bodies and it seems to me that's all they have going for them.

I'm guilty of it, during my competing days, I posted a lot of progress pictures (which I have nothing against!!) BUT I do think it's important to have balance and other hobbies in your life and a lot of people on Instagram are boring me with their biceps and quads. Yes, gainzzzz are cool and so is progress, but damn girl don't you read or collect something or work or hang out or do anything other than take pictures of your body??

NOT body shaming, putting that out there before it even becomes a thought. 99.99999% of the time I am "YOU GO GIRL" and "YAY FOR YOU!" when it comes to progress pictures and fitness posts, because fitness and health are awesome and SO important. However, when you've got picture after picture after picture of the same damn thing, it gets old.

This is my encouragement to incorporate other hobbies or things into your life. Learn how to cook, love how to eat, try a new sport, go fly a kite, literally. I love Instagram because I can share all different aspects of my life on one handle without giving away everything about me. Yes, there will be an occasionally selfie and lots of pictures of fish, food, and muscles, BUT there's more to me than my muscles and my body. There's more to me than going to the gym every. damn. day. I know there's more to you, too. So I'm encouraging you to show it. Show how a balanced lifestyle works, how it's healthy, and how it's helped you succeed in other aspects of life.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, because if you are then you are missing my point. And you can then go drink some #Lemonade

Later Haterz

xoxo

Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment