Thursday, June 25, 2015

We're Not Bragging (Pre-April-Show)

HOLA.

9 days out from my SECOND OCB bikini 'bodybuilding' competition. I don't consider myself a bodybuilder by any means but by definition, I kind of am. ANYWAYS, this post is kind of rant-y so buckle up and enjoy the ride!
I see A LOT of people posting about shakes, wraps, and other pills and potions that help you lose weight. Okay sooooo... that's cool. But do any of these things give you long lasting results?
Nope.
Do any of these products help you build lean muscle mass that will shape and tone your body in a healthy manner? 
Nope.
SO WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE TRYING THESE THINGS?
Simple... Because it's easy.
If bodybuilding/weight lifting was easy, everyone would do it. Everyone would find at LEAST an hour in their 'busy' schedule to get their ass to the gym and put in the work. But most people don't do that. MOST people claim to be too busy for the gym so they pop a pill that Dr. Oz said might help them lose 15lbs. 

I'm not most people. I will never be most people. I don't settle like most people.

I found the motivation within myself. I find the time every damn day to get my ass to the gym. Yes, I'm training for a show, but most of the time I'm just training for LIFE. Training daily because I love the way I look and feel, because I love the feeling of lifting heavy shit over and over again. Because I love being a smaller size than I EVER was before. Because I found passion and a hobby in the gym. I don't see the gym as a chore. I don't skip the gym because I don't feel like it. I LOVE going to the gym, even when I'm lacking energy. But again, I'm not most people.
I used to be like most people, until I found out that I was digging myself a deep hole at the young age of 21. Binge drinking, eating fast food, sugar filled coffee drinks, and whatever else I felt like is NO way to live for ANYONE. Sure, I still have a cheat meal every once in awhile, but you won't catch me binging on crap food like I used to. You know why? I love my body. I've invested in my body, and I'm not letting that hard work go to waste.
You're willing to spend $4 on your high calorie and whipped cream covered coffee drinks every day, but you aren't willing to spend that on a gym membership or personal trainer? You're willing to buy a couple of nice purses but won't buy a training package? You're willing to play the whole 'I love my body' but feel miserable when your clothes don't fit as well as they used to? That's your choice. 
I've heard every excuse in the book. Working at a gym and going to the gym you hear everything. From 'I don't have time' to 'I don't know what I'm doing' to 'I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!'. They're all excuses. Your body wasn't made to digest crunch wrap supremes and Starb's fraps.Your body was made for you to take care of it. Life is about balance. 
If you don't know how to start, ASK. I cannot stress this enough, you will not be effective if you do not know what you're doing. If you don't 'have the time', schedule out an hour at least 3-5 days a week and get your ass in the gym, go to a group fitness class, do a daily burn workout or find something on youtube. I don't care what it is, JUST DO IT. (So Nike of me) I don't listen to excuses. I don't pretend to agree with your excuses. I will call you out for being lazy and not having your priorities in check. BUT I can't change that, only you can.
One last thing, just putting in the time is not enough. You cannot go to the gym and walk on the treadmill and do a couple bicep curls with 5lbs and expect results. EDUCATE yourself. Get into a routine. LIFT HEAVY SHIT. Get into it, sweat, do whatever you have to do. If you have to hire a trainer, do it. If you have to research lifting, do it. If you want me to help you, ASK ME. I LIKE TO HELP. I LIKE TO LIFT. PERFECT MATCH.  Just like going to work, punching in, and sitting there all day isn't productive, neither is going to the gym without a plan or without knowledge of how to better yourself. 
Back to the topic of 'We're Not Bragging'...
I Instagram, a lot. I tweet, a lot. I use social media, a lot. I workout, a lot. SOOO obviously there is going to be some form of crossover there. I post pictures of me at the gym, or posing, or whatever else my little heart desires. I don't do it because I think I look good and want you all to be jealous of my banging bod. No. That's not me. I post these things because I was once in an unhappy place. I was once wearing a size 30, IN THE SUMMER. I once had ripples in my stomach and thighs. I once had chubby cheeks. Now I don't. You know why? Because I decided to put in the work. I kicked my ass in the gym, straightened up in the kitchen, and the results came. Sure, it was a lot of trial and error. But I found what worked for me. Just like anyone else can. Instead of using excuses after excuse and bad mouthing people for showing off their hard work on their social media accounts, get off your ass and do something to make yourself happy about yourself.
It's not going to be easy, I'll tell you that right now. But I will tell you, it' s so damn gratifying. I'm not stuck up or cocky, I'm confident in myself and with my body. For the first time in a long time, might I add. So yes, I will post whatever I want on my social media accounts, take it how you may but I'm just letting you know that you can do whatever you want if you quit bitching and simply put in the effort. Also, don't tell me you want to 'tone', because you aren't a damn printer. You are a human, and you want to put on some sexy ass muscles. Thank you.

Rant Over. 

- Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment