Friday, August 26, 2016

Time For a Change..

I'm back, again! For the 100th time...

I haven't been 'good' at keeping up with this blog. Between school full-time, working full-time, and trying to maintain some sort of social life, this blog stands at the very end of my priorty list.

Which is why I'm making changes! (Not just for the blog, but for me!)

I have noticed lately that I haven't been able to give school my 100% while working full time, and my gardes reflected that. Sure, I was going to class and doing my assignments, but I wasn't completely learning the material. I commend anyone who goes to school and work full-time, I just struggled. Especially since my classes are all health/science related, I decided to only work part-time so I can actually learn my anatomy, physiology, and organic chemistry.

Anyways, so with that being said, I want to prioritize some things that have fallen to the back burner. This blog being one of them because I honestly miss helping people who really want to become healthier. I am going to get myself back on track too, I've eaten one too many cupcakes lately and haven't been getting my body the proper nutrition it needs.

So I'm taking this fall to revamp myself, will school coming first and foremost, and my health and sharing my knowledge and experience. The spring and summer were hard for me to take on new clients and develop programs. I won't be doing a TON but I would like to get back into that so if you're interesting in online-training or introduction to macro tracking or clean eating, email me!

For now, here's a recipe for you to enjoy!

Lemon Herb Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp

INGREDIENTS
2 small/medium spaghetti squash
12 oz. large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20 shrimp) *you can also use the precooked/devined
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and cracked pepper, to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 lemons, juiced (or if you like to cheat like me, use the pre-juiced lemon juice)
1 tsp. lemon zest
½ cup white wine
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped

INSTRUCTIONS
1. To make the spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cut squash right down the middle. Scoop out all the seeds and place cut side down on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with oil so they don't stick. Bake the squash in the oven for 45 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile in a large skillet, melt oil over medium high heat, add shrimp and season with salt and pepper, sautéing for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté an additional 2 minutes until shrimp is cooked through; remove from heat and set aside (don't overcook!)
3. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, white wine, Dijon mustard and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow sauce to simmer until the spaghetti squash has finished baking.
4. Remove the skillet from heat and take squash out of the oven. Scrape out all the strands of spaghetti using a fork, throw spaghetti squash into a colander or bowl, pressing gently with a paper towel to allow any excess water to drain out.
5. Whisk yogurt in with the sauce until creamy and smooth then stir in chopped parsley. Toss with spaghetti squash and shrimp, serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment