Friday, February 5, 2016

I literally haven't blogged since last year.

SO, the truth is I've been neglecting this blog. Not purposefully but just because sh*t happens.

My fall-winter in summary:

- Applied for Lewis University's accelerated BSN program, passed the testing, got in to the program.
- Celebrated the holidays + Ryan's birthday
- Binged on Making a Murderer and GoT
- Started taking a few pre-reqs I need before I start the BSN program, anatomy, org chem, blah blah blah.

That's pretty much it.

No reason not to blog but I am back in the blogging mode and ready to ramble on for the few of you who actually pay attention to what I have to say.

Super Bowl Sunday is coming up real quick and I keep seeing these video recipes circulate Facebook. They look freakin' delish, don't get me wrong. BUT a few substitutions can save you a few cals because no one counts macros or eats clean when there's 5 different dips and 14 appetizers with pizza on the way.

BUT I thought I would share my extensive knowledge of a self-taught chef for a few food swaps that can save you some calories and still taste yummy.

Trade:
Sour cream for Greek yogurt
Cream cheese for Neufatchel Cheese (literally looks the same and tastes the same, less fat)
Shredded cheese for 2% shredded cheese
Tostidos chips for kale chips, whole grain chips, pita chips, sweet potato chips


I know, every dip that's half decent has cream cheese in it. BUT you can use the Neufatchel and it's like the same damn thing.

I make a killer buffalo dip in the crock pot that I don't have a recipe for because I make it up but it tastes good EVERY time.

SO..

1 package Neufatchel cheese
1 cup green yogurt
2-3 cups canned chicken (shred it up first!)
1.5 cups Franks red hot sauce
1 packet ranch seasoning
1 c. light blue cheese crumbles

Spray your crock pot with nonstick or olive oil before, then throw everything inside, cook on high for 1 hour or low for 3 and then mix it all up and ENJOY! 


Also, try to avoid the cheese and pepperoni trays, anything that has a hot dog or mini hot dog in it, because they're made up of who knows what. Munch on the veggie or fruit trays, have some dips, and call it a day!

When it comes to BOOZE, that's another story.

Vodka and gin are your lowest calorie options, but the MIXERS is where people go crazy. Anything pop or juice related has a ton of sugar in it or if it's 'diet' it has a ton of chemicals and nasty stuff. Try mixing your drinks with water, club soda, lime or lemon. ALWAYS alternate drinks with water, and avoid drinking a whole bottle of wine when at all possible. I personally have become victimized by the deliciousness of Cabernet and can probably finish a whole bottle with no problem, but I avoid doing that due to the terrible hangover I'm always dealt afterwards.

Beer, eh, light beer is okay, but again you want to be drinking water in-between. Craft beers are higher in alc % and higher in calories and carbs so drink them sparingly and with A LOT of water.

Overall, make sure you're eating while you're drinking booze but also drinking water because your body loves water more than anything else you'll be drinking that day/night.

Again, avoid binge drinking if possible, it's only going to make you feel like crap and put way more calories and carbs into your body than you really need.

If you have any questions, let me know! Email me at sarahpinksfit@gmail.com

- Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Yay I have missed this blog! Keep goin girl, you da bomb ❤️

    ReplyDelete