Thursday, June 25, 2015

Guac and Post-April Comp

Hi Everyone! Long time no blog.

Well I am back and ready to go. After my show, I took a nice vacation and a couple weeks off from the gym. Since then, I've been crazy busy at work and what not. I just want to let you know I didn't forget about any of you or this blog!
Lately, I've been experimenting A LOT with recipes. No more boring food or dinners for this girl. I've expanded my pallet by incorporating a lot of fresh fish into my diet. My carb sources are still mainly veggies and potatoes, along with sprouted grains. Ezekiel bread is still my best friend and I still put fruit preserves in my oatmeal. 
Last week I made fresh guac and grass fed beef tacos on a spinach tortilla with greek yogurt and goat cheese! #YUM I added spinach, tomatoes, and green onions on the tacos too. The recipe for the guac (WHICH WAS AMAZEEEEE) is below!
INGREDIENTS
4 ripe avocados
1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 jalapenos, finely chopped

DIRECTIONS
Cut the avocados along the sides and divide in half. Remove the pit, and scoop the avocado into a bowl. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add the onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and chopped jalapeno, and continue to mash until the guacamole looks mixed and fluffy. Place an avocado pit in the middle of the guacamole to help keep it from turning dark. Garnish with sliced lime and jalapeno.
Guac is great because it incorporates healthy fats! Not processed fats or dairy fats. You can make tacos and top it with guac, cook chicken and throw some guac on it, whatever you want!

I will be blogging more often, I promise!


- Sarah  

No comments:

Post a Comment