Thursday, June 25, 2015

French Toast Saves Lives (And FITS YOUR MACROS)

I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine went by too fast per usual but I got some great workouts in and even came up with some new recipes to share!
Saturday morning, I was CRAVING French Toast, but I wanted it to have a little more nutritional value and better macros. So I came up with this recipe!
Ingredients:
2 slices of Ezekiel Bread
2 egg whites
2 TBS cup Almond Milk
1/2 scoop protein powder (I used cellucor cinnamon swirl, but you can use any flavor you want)
1 TSP Coconut Oil
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
Sprinkle of Cinnamon
Toppings: Waldon Farms Syrup, E.D. Smith Michigan Cherry Preserves
Combine egg whites, almond milk, protein powder, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk together. It will be kind of chunky with the protein but blend together the best you can. Meanwhile, heat up a flat griddle and add 1TSP of coconut oil to the griddle. Dunk your slices of bread into the egg/protein/almond milk mixture and make sure to coat both sides of each slice completely. Place slices on the heated griddle and cook on both sides until golden brown.

Then top with whatever fruit or toppings you want! I love using a fruit and Walden Farms combo


No comments:

Post a Comment