Monday, September 7, 2015

Undereating

SOOOO many people 'undereat', in my opinion.

I'm not talking eating disorder level of under-eating, but eating less than your body needs to work properly level of under-eating. So many friends/clients/coworkers tell me that they had a piece of toast for breakfast and a piece of chicken for lunch.

WHAT. That's like 200 calories!

That is NOT enough for your body or brain to function properly. I'm not necessarily saying everyone should eat 2,000+ calories a day, but less than 1,500 a day is doing more harm than good. Instead of feeding your body nourishing foods to use a fuel, you're barely feeding your body enough to stay awake and get by. That is why fat is being stored in your body over time. Eating less and not losing weight does not surprise me AT ALL.

Sure, you need some sort of caloric deficit to lose weight, but not a 1,000 calorie deficit.Your body needs nutrient dense foods. Lean meats, whole grains, veggies, fruits, nuts, etc. Not a piece of bread. That is doing jack-shit for your body and your metabolism.

Your body is a MACHINE, you need to fuel it PROPERLY. Less booze, more protein. Less sugar, more fiber and minerals. Quit drinking BS shakes, detox juices, and powders and start eating wholesome FOOD. FOOD FOOD FOOD. If someone was writing a blog and telling me to eat more, I would, that's for sure.

Too many people buy into fad diets that aren't even that great for you. Best detox? Drink a gallon of water every damn day. Cut out the booze, eat lean meats paired with veggies, eat eggs and egg whites, cut out the sugar from your morning coffee, and BOOM, detoxed.

I give all my clients a sample grocery list with a shit ton of options for their proteins, fats, and carbs. Sure, I allow them a cheat meal here and there, but not every day! I want my clients to become educated on what they're eating, to read a food label, and to realize that a lot of packaged foods have so much crap in them that is unnecessary to consume.

I'm not perfect, I still enjoy wine, cupcakes, and my occasional donut. I know that now that it is pumpkin season, I'm screwed because I love myself a nice PSL. I also love apple cider donuts, BUT I use them as a treat and know that I'll still keep eating clean 80/20.

Enjoy yourself, but balance is key. 

And for Heaven's sakes, eat some damn food and stop depriving your body of the nutrients it very well needs.

- xoxo

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment